Thursday, January 17, 2013

Evaluation of 3 years

I rarely take the time to look back on life but today, I had an hour to sit on the bench in front of the tennis courts and just listen to music and remember my first day of practice as an incoming freshman. A warm day of summer as it was into the first week. Wow it feels like just yesterday, being drop off in front of those stairs that leads to the stadium. long hair, shorts and my white O.Y.F.L. training camp shirt with last name on the back. We ran, and drilled that first day and I remember the soreness I felt all week. Then in a blink of an eye, I am back at the bench, older. How I miss those practices, running and sweating next to two friends I knew since fourth grade. They stop playing after freshmen year leaving me, the only one out of the three still playing. I come back from the flashback and look to the grass next to the weight room. I go back to last year where I had became weaker than I had been in two years, struggling to at least try to keep up with my fellow linemen. We were got done doing a plate workout when my coach ask us if we wanted to go on playing football and ask us to raise our hand if we did. I knew no college wanted someone like me so my hand stayed down. My coach who knew I was one of the hardest working players in the linemen group was surprise. He said they are divisions who are perfect for guys my sizes and it didn't matter if I wasn't the biggest, but to just keep having the heart I have for the game. That inspired me but it didn't made me stronger. Again I come back the present to realize I won't have that coach again this year. I feel like I have spent years letting me and others down. I had hopes on where I be today but I would never expected I would turn out like I had. Now like the final grains of a hourglass, time is running out for me. The world is opening up and I fear I am not ready. My biggest regret is that I didn't work as hard I am now all my years here. Life is short, but high school is a flash. My time spent on that field, day after day. I will always remeber, and cherish those times I had with the best line coaches I ever will have. 




No comments:

Post a Comment