Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Post-Modernism Project

I believe that the world
Will cease to turn

That we'll get burned
From the lessons unlearned
That in our stride
To take this country high
We leave behind
The unfortunate and deprived
That in that drive
We lose our minds
We ignore the signs
That we rather hide
Behind our lies
Than to admit what's right
I believe that the world's going insane
Shooting and bombings of cities
Committed in the claim to fame
We always suspect that the person always insane
Like every molester and murderer are the same
So we make it a game
To see which one was from childhood
Was caused the most pain
Too see if the bullied small ones
Will in the future be the ones to draw a gun
It's funny
Oh look, there's a bunny
It's running
For the honey
To fill its tummy
Sure looks yummy
Oh look, there's a bunny...
Oh sorry, I was lost in thought
Sure is hot
I bet you it will be hot yesterday
It sure was tomorrow
The world's changing
Does growing up change the world
Or change your perspective?
The cruelty of others
Makes me want to hurl
Put it in some honey
And set it out
Oh, look there's a bunny
Can't there be a cure
Or a way to lure
The evils of the world
From a offer of a beer?
We can see
But see as well as the blind
We are free
But are trap in binds
Accused of crimes
For being kind?
For taking of a dirty plate
Makes you put your life at stake?
How does this make
You a criminal for god's sake?
Was it a plate
Or a teacup?
God I want some cake
I just can't have enough
Next I will have brunch
Then breakfast, then dinner
Then I will end the day with lunch
Hope the martians like some captain crunch
Oh look, there's a bunny
I can write this poem forever
In a attempt to keep my thoughts together
It drifts away as easily as
Wind blowing on a feather
To end as this began
Or to began as this ends
I believe that the world
Will cease to turn









No comments:

Post a Comment