Tuesday, February 12, 2013

PARLOR POETRY

The poem Dover beach was chosen to represent nothing is calm under the surface. How the illusion of peace
disguises the war torn inside. That its a on going battle. I chose this poem because it to represents something that hides beneath the surface

 I'm a poet and I know it.

I can make it flow like a boat in row.
I have the drive to take it high.
As high as the sky, that could fly
away from me, far enough to be free.
So the words of wisdom can enter young ears,
whispering in their ears at all times,
trying to define its meaning and purpose.
Like a diver returning to the surface,
Filling his lungs with clean air.
As for the purpose, do you dare
question why fights draws stares
Think, and process this,
to define a poem, is it no different than a riddle?
Analyzing every word and you'll be lost
Defeat may come across in thought.
Here's a hint...
There's none but words put together in fun
But then it's ironic
A poem with no meaning who's meaning is that it doesn't have a meaning
Nonsense, idiotic
Thoughts that comes to your mind which is now spinning
That can't be the meaning!
This is the worst poem I have read!
Then ask yourself....
Why continue to read this if the mystery has been solved?
Why continue to deprive your mind of reason?
To read a poem with no meaning but to have a theme that
everything doesn't need meaning which by meaning counts
as a meaning...
It's its own paradox              


1 comment:

  1. You did well on the parlor poetry assignment; I look forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete